Followers

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fireplace T.V.

While I'm on the subject of mantels...I thought I would show off one of Hubby's pride and joys.
Our t.v.
Ever since we moved into our house he had wanted to put the t.v. above the fireplace. I kept saying no as I didn't know how he would do it without cords showing.
Finally last Christmas, I caved and told him if he could promise he would a) not let any cords show and b) finish it in a relatively quick amount of time and c) have it not cost more than $150 he could do it.He met all my conditions and we couldn't be happier with having our t.v. up on the wall. There is no t.v. stand for little boys to get
their hands into, no ugly cords hanging down, and actually a great viewing area!
We found a great deal on this swivel wall mount. Hubby (along with his brother's help) figured out how to pull up electricity and cable to the wall. He made a box to fit the dvd player (and it will fit a WII also...whenever we get one.)
He said the scariest part was cutting into the wall to insert the box. Ha Ha! But it worked out beautifully!

Anyway, enough about a silly t.v.

REAL MOM's Dinner: Broccoli and Beef (click here for the recipe.)

1 comment: