Followers

Friday, September 10, 2010

Finally!!!

I've been working on this dresser for Little Miss...I had the perfect vision of what I wanted it to look like/function as. And it 75% turned out. But the last 25% that DIDN'T turn out is driving me CRAZY!!!
I can't seem to paint smoothly, choose the right colors, or mod podge to save my life!!! What is wrong with me?! Seriously, is the
re a trick to mod podging or am I just a retard?

Anyway...since I'm NOT ready (or wonder if I'll ever be ready) to publicly display Little Miss' new/refurbished dresser I really needed a CUTE craft that I could actually feel good about.
Anyway.,..

So I was at Robert's Craft a few months ago and saw those cool framed glass calendars. I couldn't believe they ran about $
50!!! I realized how brilliant it was to use glass as an erasable surface and figured I could make something similar for a fraction of the price. But I never got around to it.

Then I started seeing the similar concept popping up on craft blogs. Well, I may be on the late side, but I finally made something that is so cute, cheap, and totally works for my needs!
It's pretty obvious what I did. I bought a cheap frame ($5) from Wal-Mart. Did a little math to see how wide 7 equal strips would need to be. Found scrapbook paper that I liked. Cut and gluesticked the paper to the cardboard back. Added a bottom strip of paper for the menu section, separated by a little rickrack. Added some alpha initials to the top and stuck it all back together. I thought about adding some buttons or rub-ons or something, but I've been learning that simple it good...sometimes simple is better than fluffy. So I kept it simple.

This way, at a glance I can see what my week looks like and what meals I have planned for the week. I have my planner for monthly things, but it is so nice to have a weekly visual reminder for me. I use a white board marker and can erase and rewrite my week the next week!

I am simply in love with it!!! And yes, it DID make me feel better about turning out such an awful dresser...temporarily. Until I finally conceded to another home decor problem I've been having...which I will talk about in my next post. Now I'm a little distraught and feel the need to once again revamp.

REAL MOM'S DINNER: Turkey steak, french fries, mixed veggies, and watermelon.

No comments:

Post a Comment