Followers

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!

I really have been alive...and crafting! I just haven't posted in a while. I did manage to create a couple new spooky crafts for Halloween. There were so many inspirational craft blogs I saw for Halloween projects, I wanted to do a lot more than what I did, but I'm happy that at 30 weeks prego I was able to get something done!

My front entrance alcove is now spookily decorated. This was actually a lot of fun to create!

I used a DI flower vase (which went from gray to spray painted black,) a branch (which was also spray painted black) and homemade paper bats to make a Halloween tree.

I used the old mod podge book idea to create a "SPELL BOOK." Just glued purple paper to an old book, rubbed tons of ink on it and added a few embellishments. (The back side of the book isn't even completely covered because I knew it wouldn't show.)

The wordage looks pretty cool, right? Well, I have to say this is my first craft I used my new Cricut on! My awesome hubby found on at his work's clearance sale for $25!

Anyway, the chain is part of a broken necklace that I stuck on and a then there is a random bat sticker. I wanted the book to have a little more height and thought about creating a little box to hold it up higher, but then decided to grab my little jewelry box to see how it would look. Turns out I really like it!

Then I threw up some spider webs and spiders and it looks pretty cool. (My daughter insisted the witch and pumpkin bear sit there. Ha Ha!) Best part...it was all stuff I had on hand and so it was pretty much free!

This next project was another freebie with things I had lying around. I have been seeing these Subway style word boards all over the craft blogs and wanted to try my hand at it. I didn't have a Cricut when I created it, but I what I do have is TONS of alphas! So I dug through my stash and came up with this. I already had the board, you guessed it, from an earlier DI buy, sitting in my "pile" of junk. I think it turned out pretty cool except for one part that I keep looking at and thinking I need to fix. Maybe I'll get around to fixing and maybe I won't. The biggest problem I have with this kind of project is I don't have many spaces to hang things like this from my walls. So it is sitting on a bookshelf right now.

Real Mom's Dinner: Italian Breaded Pork Chops (click here for the recipe)...it was a lot of work and was glad hubby did dishes after because I was feeling the Braxton Hicks come on strong after this meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment