Followers

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

December Daily Album

I've mentioned before that my most favorite magazine out there is Scrapbooks, etc. There was an idea in the December issue to make these December Daily Albums. It was truly inspiring for me! Now for most people this would look like a total pain to add one more thing to an already crazy month. And I hope I'm not crazy taking this on myself, but I have reason to my madness.

Before I get too into explaining things, if you want a better idea of what I'm talking about then you need to check out these two blogs because I'm sure they explain it a whole lot better than me!
Ali's December Daily 2010Michelle's December Daily Album
The idea is to create an album to document your daily December life. To simplify things you create the album NOW before you get busy with Christmas. Then each day in December you spend a few minutes documenting that day. You could use pictures, children's quotes, recipes, memories, activities, etc. The idea behind this is that you have a tangible record (journal, if you may) of one of the funnest, craziest months for most of us! I love journals. I love scrapbooks. I LOVE this idea!

One of the reasons of course, I'm so excited about this idea is that we are expecting a new baby in December. Before you think I'm crazy I want you to think...wouldn't it be AWESOME to have a small daily record of the first few weeks of your new baby's life?!

I will show my homemade album here shortly. It's not quite done, but close.

I seriously challenge you to try this! The purpose of this album to JOURNAL, not to drive you crazy! So simplify it as much as you want. It doesn't have to be all cutesy like the ones shown. A simple 8x11 binder with page protectors would work! A 5x7 photo album would work. It would be so cool to have a record to pull out every year to see what kinds of things you did the previous year. Maybe keep a list on one of the days of what Christmas activities you didn't get around to doing that you'd like to do next year. Or keep adding to your holiday recipe collection!

Oh, the memories it could hold! The funny little things your kids say. Some pictures of their school art. The parties, traditions, and food that surround the holidays!

REAL MOM'S DINNER: Planning on having chicken drumsticks with Rice-a-Roni

No comments:

Post a Comment