Followers

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thank Goodness for Febreeze!


This is my story of my "oh-my-gosh-does-this-really-have-to-happen-right-now?" moment yesterday.

So my dear Mr. S is 3 1/2 and totally not potty trained.  His twin brother is.  But he for some reason has struggled with the concept and I'm about ready to pull my hair out that he doesn't seem to get it...or want to get it!  I was feeling poor last week while at the store buying another package of pull-ups...so I got the cheap ones...mistake #1!  
Yesterday, Mr. S got diarrhea.  Ewww!
My visiting teachers were coming later that morning and I didn't know if he was getting a stomach flu type thing or if he had just eaten something bad.  I figured I had a few hours to decide if I should cancel visiting teaching.  Well, he seemed fine the rest of the morning so I didn't think much of it again.
After cleaning my house (I swear visitors is the only thing that gets my house clean lately!)  I was sitting watching a few minutes of t.v. with my boys playing in the living room and my visiting teachers show up.  I walked to the door to let them in and noticed something all over the piano chair.  I initially thought that Baby Bree had spit up all over and then on closer inspection realized that Mr. S had another problem where his cheapo pull-up didn't hold up.  I'll spare the rest of the details on this part.
Needless to say that I was a little flustered trying to get him and the living room cleaned up...all while my visiting teachers were sitting in my family room patiently waiting to visit.  I'm sure they were thinking, "ah! we don't want to get sick!" or "that smells disgusting!" or "should we just go?"  I was so sickened by the smell that I even pulled out the Febreeze and sprayed everywhere as to cover up the odor!
But fortunately my visiting teachers were very patient and kind about the situation.  Every once in a while something like that makes me all worked up, flustered, a slightly mortified!  But I guess everyone has those moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment