Followers

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Finally Back to Scrapbooking

Hubby was out of town the first part of this week. I had intended to scrapbook while he was gone, but was too tired at night. Then I got my FAVORITE magazine in the mail and read it cover to cover during nap time. I wanted to scrap SOOOOO bad by evening!!! I was dying to get the kids to bed so I could try to make some cute paper flowers! Hubby's plane was delayed that night be several hours so I had an excuse to stay up late! Didn't complain too much *wink*.

I started by finding scrap paper to make some flowers. Then morphed into trying a ripped paper technique to create a grass look. Then decided I just need to make a layout to see how it would look all together. I usually choose my pictures first and find paper to match second. But had to look for pictures second this time because I was too impatient to wait to make the flowers.

*Side note: I am an IMPATIENT crafter! I hate waiting to finish a project because I need to get something at the store or I need to reprint a photo, or even wait for paint or glue to dry properly. etc. So I usually just make do with what I have.

As I was going through pictures to see if I had anything that would work, I found the most. perfect. pictures. of my 4 year! Colors matched great so that I wouldn't have to reprint in b/w! I also found perfect embellishments in my stash! It helps to have a great stash! (Although I do have to say it is slowly diminishing since I haven't had much disposable income the last 2 years to reinvest in "stuff." )

Finished product:
As my daughter would say, "it was refreshing" -to scrapbook again after a small hiatus!

REAL MOM'S DINNER: Out with family so we stopped and picked up Arby's. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment