Followers

Monday, April 5, 2010

Fajita Seasoning Mix

Our family really likes fajitas. I usually use a fajita seasoning mix bought at the store...around 50 cent to a dollar for a mix. A couple of months ago I had planned to have fajitas and opened my cupboard to find NO fajita seasoning mix! I was so mad! Then I stopped and thought about it. I figured I could look online to see if I had enough ingredients to make my own mix. And luckily I found this recipe and just happen to LOVE it! I copied it onto a piece of paper and no I can't find the original source to give credit, but I'm pretty sure it was from allrecipes.com. (this is just about the only place I look for recipe anymore because just about everything I have tried from there is so good!)

I like this recipe because it is so close to the store bought mix, which is what I'm use to. I actually tried a couple different mix recipes, but the other ones seemed too hot for me. So yes, this is on the mild side for Mexican, but it is what I like. Hubby spices his up with hot salsa. :)

Fajita Mix
1 tbs. cornstarch
2 teas. chili powder
1 teas. salt
1 teas. paprika
1 teas. sugar
3/4 teas. chicken bullion crushed
1/2 teas. onion powder
1/4 teas. garlic powder
1/4 teas. cayenne pepper
1/4 teas. cumin

This is enough to equal 3 packages of store bought mix. Use just about 1 tbs. of mix per batch of chicken (I do 2-3 chicken breasts sliced.) And use just like you would store bought mix. I mix in maybe a tbs. or 2 of water with the mix and toss my chicken in it and let it marinade for 15 min. or longer. Then put some oil in a pan and toss the chicken in to cook. It is pretty simple and yummy! I'm definitely becoming a fan of making your own seasoning mixes!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds awesome. We just happened to get some sirloin fajita strips from our food co-op and now I won't have to buy the seasoning. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete