Followers

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Family Home Evening Board


I finally made a family home evening board! I have wanted to do this project for a while now and finally got around to it. I actually started on Monday, but ended up redoing the board 3 times because I could get the bubbles out of the Mod Podge! I'm NOT a perfectionist and rarely do I spend the time to redo something, but for some reason this drove me crazy! I haven't used Mod Podge very many times so I don't know what I was doing wrong!
Anyway, I used a "Merry Christmas" board I found at the DI for like $2.00. I love using used boards for what I want because they are cheap and they already have the hooks on them.
So I painted the board white because I wasn't too keen on black for this particular project. Then I dug through my scrap stuff to find paper and accessories. Since I was so frustrated with the Mod Podge, I just used a plain old glue stick to stick the scrapbook paper on the board.
I then used alphas to spell out the words I wanted and I was lucky enough to find some great metal letters. I took 6 letters (to represent each family members first initial) and 6 tiny wire nails and sprayed them white...didn't work great, but good enough. Then I just used the nails to hang the letters and I can take the letters off to rearrange them. A little rick rack, buttons, and squigglies and I called it good...finally!
I know it not perfect by any means, but it makes me happy to have this finally done!

And yes, I know I need a new camera...working on it!

REAL MOM'S DINNER: Spaghetti, bread sticks, salad

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna email this to my sister in law. She does the craft night for our ward.

    ReplyDelete