Followers

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Intentions...

I wanted the word, "intentions" in my blog title for a very good reason. I always intend to do things. But the reality is many things don't happen.

I intended to laundry today. But I weeded my front flower beds instead.

As I am weeding...(by the way, about half of my front yard is flower beds...previous owners were retired gardeners) I am making a mental list of all the things I need to make the flower beds look more finished. (Once I have unlimited funds...ha ha...I'm ripping out the curbing and shrinking ALL the flowers bed to minimal maintenance and adding more grass!)

A day lily
A carpet rose
Some allysum and sundials, and
LOTS of mulch/ground covering something or other

But I'm realizing that this could get really expensive if I try to do this all at once. Money is a little tight right now as we once again have a pile of medical bills to pay off. But I figured I could probably get away with buying a little bit here and there. So this Saturday I intend to head to the nursery.

Other INTENDED projects for this Saturday.

*making garden boxes
*prepping the garden area
*building a cheap half wall in the basement

All this on top of dentist appointments and grocery shopping. And don't forget we still have to go to Home Depot to actually purchase stuff for these projects. Sigh...Saturdays are NEVER long enough! And there is ALWAYS something more to spend our money on. I guess this means the nice camera I saved for will have to be an okay, get me by camera. But that is okay, since it will be probably just be ruined again by another chitlin!

I will post again on Sunday and let you know what we actually DID!

REAL MOM'S DINNER: chicken nuggets, 4 cheese Pasta-Roni, peas & carrots...so gourmet!


No comments:

Post a Comment